Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Whistler to Vancouver, September 12, 2016

It was quiet when I awoke Monday morning

not in Vancouver but in Whistler


Above was my view...
When I left my first stop was Portobello's for a latte

and I was off for a morning walk

It was just lovely and just a bit crispy but honestly it had been colder in the morning in June when I was up there!




When I was walking I noticed a sculpture that I hadn't noticed before part of a program of public art in Whistler



As I turned on to a trail that was quite deserted, I began thinking that there was a possibility of a bear encounter.  Just then I heard a bell worn by a young dog, quite a good idea I thought...
As I walked through the grounds of the Four Seasons hotel the bear possibilities were definitely reduced!
After breakfast, I attempted another swim but the pool was being cleaned so only the hot tub for me and then I packed up but went over to Lost Lake
for another walk















and then i did a stop in the Lower Village



And then I was Vancouver bound



The drive couldn't have been more beautiful.  It is easy to see why the Sea to Sky Highway is often called one of the world's most beautiful drives, of course in this direction you are going Sky to Sea...





You are beginning to see signs of fall...


I was able to get back home by 3:20 (the trick is getting over the Lion's Gate Bridge by 3:00 before rush hour or just waiting until rush hour has passed...

That evening it was time to celebrate a friend's birthday 


so we went to Jericho Sailing Club where the view is lovely and then a bit of a walk at Locarno Beach below.

I couldn't help but think what a beautiful day it was...
I hope you enjoyed
the getaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment