Friday, September 2, 2016

Whistler July 27,28, 2016

There have been some issues with my time share lately as Club Intrawest was bought out by an American company, Diamond, and the members have not been happy but I have enjoyed the freedom to drive up to Whistler and just spend a night and  the resort is lovely as are all Intrawest and now Embarq resorts.
which I did in late July with a friend.


It was a spectacular day when we stopped for lunch at one of my favourite spots, Nita Lodge on Nita Lake

After lunch we arrived at the resort in the Upper Village at Whistler

Marguerite went off to the new Audain Art Museum which I had visited before and I just hung out at the pool

where she later joined me.

It was a beautiful evening and we had dinner and watched the Democratic Convention!

a beautiful morning-another swim for me, and then we then after breakfast, headed up Blackcomb to do the Peak to Peak from Blackcomb to Whistler Mountain and back again

A perfect day for a fun activity

A short, very short hike, brought us to this spectacular scene below!

back down below

We had lunch at Nicholas North Golf Club on Green Lake
And then headed on the spectacular Sea to Sky Highway home


a perfect getaway, my friend who had just finished teaching summer school, said

and I look forward to more...



No comments:

Post a Comment