Saturday, September 3, 2016

Christina Lake August 15-20

I am fortunate to have friends who live in some beautiful areas and even invite me to visit like Elaine and Terry did.

So August 15 found me on the road to Christina Lake or actually Highway 3.

My trip began with coffee at a neighbourhood coffee shop, The Mighty Oak





I got started a bit later than I had planned

and a stop in Chilliwack for gas and then I was in a traffic jam
due to an accident so I was put back time wise about an hour I think.


Eventually I was moving again and had a quick stop in Manning Park to eat a bit of my packed lunch!


The scenery is beautiful especially when you get into the Similkamean
Keremeos means it is time to check out the fruit stands or I admit it the ice cream!
And any trip to Christina Lake must have a stop at Seven Stones Winery
Next you come to Osoyoos but I just stopped after I left to take a picture
I always am too late for a stop at my favourite coffee shop bakery in Greenwood but I did stretch my legs
I kept on going through Grand Forks although I did have to brake for a deer
and I arrived in Christina Lake around 6:30 just in time for a cooling glass of wine and a delicious dinner!
Here are a few early morning pictures
This is where Terry has been coming since childhood and you can see why they have chosen to live here full time!
Since her move here full time, Elaine has become an avid gardener!
My second day here we were off to the farmers' market in Grand Forks!
I love farmers' markets and this is a fun one!
with all sorts of local produce and crafts!
More views of Terry and Elaine's
And you can see where I loved spending my afternoons
The days were hot but the nights are cool and when you have a lovely lake in which to dip...
The next few pictures are from a walk up the lake

Below is where you can launch a boat on the public wharf
Jazzy the cat is looking rather relaxed here!
A lovely sunset
And a morning shot
Thursday I drove an hour to Castlegar to visit old friends
and Ann gave me a tour of sculptures from their Sculpture Walk.
I thought I would enclose a map so that you can see a bit of the area
A couple of shots from Ann and Terry's

My last day at Christina Lake we went on a boat ride
I took a shot of the house from the water
Another beautiful evening...
Saturday i was back on my way home!  I took the picture below in Grand Forks.
And here we are in Greenwood
Then after Osoyoos I took a short detour to go to the Burrowing Owl Winery






And I made one more winery stop once I was back on Highway 3
The picture below is by the site of the Hope Slide



Eventually I made it home after the shock of traffic coming into Vancouver.  Here is my view at home


Elaine sent me a shot of Christina Lake that night as well-I missed that view!

But Vancouver has its own delights
but I love my visits to Christina Lake!

I hope you enjoyed the virtual trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment